Many people are not clear about the difference between a Facebook Profile and a Facebook Page. That’s what we’ll talk about here! Today we will show you how you can turn your Profile into Fan Page and why it is convenient to do so.
This article is especially aimed at those people who use their personal profile to promote their business. Here you will know the advantages that a Facebook Page can bring to your company or venture, and the reasons why you should turn your profile into Fan Page. Let’s start!
What you need to know about turning your Facebook profile into a Fan Page
In case you have been promoting your brand or business from a personal profile, it is time to stop! Create a Fan Page from your profile to prevent blocking Facebook and access the many facilities that the social network provides to businesses and shops.
Doing so is really simple, as we’ll see in the step-by-step tutorial below. But first it is important that you take into account the following points:
- At the end of the conversion process, you will have your personal profile on one side, and a Fan Page on the other.
- Your profile will serve to manage your Page, since the Fan Page will have been created through your personal account.
- Once you activate the conversion process, you will only have 14 days to pass the information from your personal profile to your Facebook Page.
- The conversion cannot be undone.
- Your profile picture will be transferred to your Fan Page.
Steps to convert Facebook profile into fan page.
Step 1. Go through the given link.
Step 2. Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 3. Your new Page will automatically publish once the conversion process is finished.
What Happens to Your Friends, Followers and Pending Friend Requests When You Convert to a Page?
- Your profile’s followers, friends and friend requests will get notified that you’ve created a new Page.
- The profile followers you choose will automatically follow the new Page and will be removed from following your profile.
- Friends and pending friend requests you select will automatically like and follow the new Page, and won’t be removed from your profile.